This seminar is for individuals that own or are considering owning rental real estate property. Designed to inform potential real estate investors of the tax and financial considerations that should be
This seminar is for individuals that own or are considering owning rental real estate property.
Designed to inform potential real estate investors of the tax and financial considerations that should be reviewed if planning to own, or already own, rental real estate. A great introduction to beginners who want to invest in real estate, or for existing owners who want to minimize taxes and implement best practices around the financial and tax aspects of owning and renting properties.
Objectives to review include:
• Will it be a good investment?
• What is my required return on investment?
• Advantages and disadvantages of investing in real estate
• Tax and financial concepts and definitions
• Dos, don’ts and best practices
• Preparing an operating budget
• Variables you need to understand
• Calculating your projected return on investment
Tax and disposition considerations:
• Passive income, passive losses and suspended losses
• Long term gains, short term gains and depreciation recapture
• Active participation vs. material participation vs limited partner
• Improvements and dispositions
• Capital transactions versus expenses
• Mixed use
• Section 1031 exchanges and opportunity zones
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST
Institute for Business SuccessA Resource Division of Poppert & Company, LLC, CPA