Great for new users of QuickBooks® who want to learn all the basics of transaction processing and reporting, or current users who wish to use the reinforce their program knowledge
Great for new users of QuickBooks® who want to learn all the basics of transaction processing and reporting, or current users who wish to use the reinforce their program knowledge and learn new tips and program features.
This one-day seminar will teach you the skills to comfortably use QuickBooks® desktop version to process your daily customer, vendor and company transactions. We focus on the practical applications within QuickBooks® with illustrative examples from setting up a company, transaction processing and reporting. Accounting concepts are also introduced so that you may be able to better interpret and use the reports you will generate. Your colleagues are sure to be impressed with the new way you will be able to present financial data.
Objectives to review include:
1. Review accounting terms, definitions and concepts
2. Understanding and reading a Balance Sheet and Income Statement
3. Review of QuickBooks® definitions
4. Setting up a new company (create a new company, set preferences)
5. Creating lists (chart of accounts, items, customers, vendors and sales taxes)
6. Processing customer transactions (invoicing, receiving payments and issuing credit memos)
7. Processing vendor transactions (entering bills, making bill payments and writing checks)
8. Processing special transactions (general journal entries, credit cards and payroll)
9. Reconciling bank statements and undeposited funds
10. Managing sales tax
11. Utilizing reports (customer, vendor, company, sales and others)
12. Creating a budget
13. Other cool features (insights, memorized transactions and audit trail)
Note: The Inventory Module and Payroll Processing Module through QuickBooks® are not part
of this course due to time limitations. However, these modules are covered in our two-day
QuickBooks Desktop Comprehensive course.
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Institute for Business SuccessA Resource Division of Poppert & Company, LLC, CPA